Friday, September 10, 2010

Sugar Fast

Ok so after a few months of not doing much of anything....

Where do I start? I am a sugar addict. Plain and simple. I think I have been for most of my life. And why not? Sugar and sugary sweet things have been readily available to me pretty much my whole life. And no one really to tell me "NO". I wont blame anyone but myself of course. I am an adult and I make my own decisions now. That includes what I put in my mouth.

But I do love sweets. Especially chocolate. What I dont love is how sugar is making me fat. Im steadily making my way back to my post pregnancy weight which is NOT GOOD. I want to get back to my wedding weight. I think realistically I can get there by the end of the year. Hopefully sooner.

So in order to start my journey to weight-loss, I need to kick this sugar habit of mine. Its not only to loose lbs, but to get healthy in general. Ive been reading a lot of sugar and it is pretty toxic if you break it down. I now know sugar is the reason for my low energy and moodiness on occasion. Not to mention my flabby belly.

So....Fast starts tomorrow. Im very excited and scared. I will be praying for strength during this fast of course. I will be tracking my fast daily (or every other day, depending). My hope is that this fast will give me some clarity in my life, but physically and spiritually. Something that Ive been missing for a while.

Yes I will miss cookies and brownies, iced mochas and cupcakes, but I will be happy when my jeans arent tight anymore and Ill have enough energy to tackle the day.

Keep me in your prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment